Thursday, January 29, 2009

Down for the count

Many of us across the Internet can't connect to Etsy right now. Etsy says it isn't on their end. I don't know whose fault it is, but I know I miss my handmade goods and my group chatting!

So, to try to pass a little bit of time, I thought I'd write a blog in hopes that everything will be restored once I push "post".

You may have noticed things gettin' kinda fancy around here. One of the delightful Heathers (no film reference, I promise) on the team worked to spruce up our layout. She made the lovely banner, too. Doesn't it look nice? She's done such a great job with her personal blog that I was thrilled when she volunteered to help. I've been trying to change the information up as well to streamline everything. Does anyone have comments or suggestions?

Another lovely Heather on the team also suggested doing Project Wonderful ads on the blog, with revenue benefitting the team. I think this would be a really great idea, but I'm curious what comments team members have. If we do this, I'll add a third column to the blog and put the ads on the left. Thoughts? Ideas? Experience? If everyone likes the idea, I'll try to implement it soon.

The ice is starting to melt up here in the Tulsa area. Hopefully it won't refreeze too much tonight. I hope conditions are getting nicer in your corner of the state!

Edit: I can't believe it worked! Etsy was back up after I posted this. Oh the magic of the blog. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Now all we need is a Veronica and our group will be complete!~
I'm happy to help! Glad you like the banner!