Thursday, August 11, 2011

OkEtsy Featured Seller: BearyCreative

BearyCreative, please introduce yourself.
Jeri Hall, Tulsa, Whimsically-Dark Artist


What is/was your inspiration?

I have been inspired by the work of: Tim Burton and Edward Gorey. There is also a woman on Etsy I have purchased from who makes amazing art dolls (which I now have 4 of :) who's work has really inspired me to grow and be a better artist.

What is your favorite media and why?
My favorite media is painting (with acrylics). I love to paint. It's very theraputic and relaxing.

What has been your favorite project?
My favorite project would be when I was preparing for the 2011 BlueDome Arts Festival in Tulsa. I decided I wanted to showcase my art there within 3 weeks of the Festival and had to make like 20 paintings in that time. It was crazy, but I did it and think it has been some of my best work!

Where would you like to see yourself 5/10 years from now in this project?
I'd still like to be taking part in local shows- but have grown as an Artist and become better and have had a billion sales :)

Do you have any keys of success to share?
Network!

What has been your biggest challenge in developing your shop?
Getting people to know about your shop. There's sooo many wonderful and talented Artist on Etsy that sometimes it's hard to stand out! So, the way I get noticed is to carry business cards everywhere I go and I wear my artwork on t-shirts just about everyday :)

Tell us one thing crazy about yourself.
This is gonna sound weird, but it's true... I have 2 toes the same size on my left foot ha :) TMI

What is something you would love to learn how to do?
Make art dolls out of paper mache. I admire those on Etsy who make beautiful dolls. I've tried, and it's harder than what you'd think!

What is one thing you love about Oklahoma?
My family is all in Oklahoma.

Check out this week's featured seller, BearyCreative, at the following places:
etsy:
bearycreative.etsy.com
blog: bearycreativeart.blogspot.com
fb: "bearycreative"
personal site: zhibit.org/jerihall

Thanks, Jeri!

No comments: