Thursday, August 4, 2011

OkEtsy Featured Seller: BrittaniFlowers


Name- Oh, honey child
Location- Elk City, Oklahoma
Type of craft- Plush, Embroidery, and Accessories


1. What is/was your inspiration?
I get inspired by vintage material, when I go to the thrift store and find a piece of fabric I instantly know what I want to make with it.

2. What is your favorite media and why?
Embroidery thread, or at the moment I am using pretty punch, I like to draw something and then bring it to life stitch by stitch.

3. What has been your favorite project?
One day I was doodling and I drew a picture of my bearded husband, I took that picture and stitched onto a pillow and added "Beards are Sexy", apparently I am not the only one that thinks so! Every time I sell one or make one it makes me giggle knowing its all because of my hairy man.

4. Where would you like to see yourself 5/10 years from now in this project?
I want to open a handmade store sooooooo bad, so I hope thats going down.

5. Do you have any keys of success to share?
Be persistent.

6. What has been your biggest challenge in developing your shop?
Keeping my Etsy updated! I do shows and I sell items in several shops, so keeping fresh items up is a challenge, but I have made it a priority.

7. Tell us one thing crazy about yourself.
hmmmmm crazy? I shaved my head once, just because...

8. What is something you would love to learn how to do?
I would love to learn how to throw pottery, or do screen printing, or wood work, or welding, or glass blowing, or.....

9. What is one thing you love about Oklahoma?
The support handmade artist get and give.

www.facebook.com/ohhoneychild
ohhoneychildblog.blogspot.com/
www.etsy.com/shop/brittiniflowers

1 comment:

bail bonds van nuys said...

Thank you for sharing this information. The information was very helpful and saved a lot of my time.

screen printing oklahoma