Thursday, July 14, 2011

OKEtsy Featured Seller: The Cozy Pumpkin


Please introduce yourself.
Amanda Lipscomb - Edmond, OK - Children's Decor (Sewing and Art)

What is/was your inspiration? My kids. I never got into sewing until I had my son. Once I had him I wanted to make everything he had in his room unique to him. I had already been painting just for fun but I got into mixing medias for my children's rooms and more fun art sprung from my little imagination.

What is your favorite media and why? Sewing. I love that I can mentally shut off everything else and just focus on creating, and creating something useful at that! :) I get such pleasure out of using the things I've made.
Where would you like to see yourself 5/10 years from now in this project? I honestly don't know. I'm just kind of riding the wave as it were. We shall see where it takes me. I'd love to say just creating creating creating. Whether it be for my shop or just for myself and my family. That's all that matters to me in the end. Well...as far as my crafting is concerned. ;)

Do you have any keys of success to share? Ha! I wish. I guess it's to make connections and surround yourself with family and friends who believe in you. (Maybe enough to be your first customers!) Because until you have a support system to help you get going it's going to be a slow start!
Tell us one thing crazy about yourself. Oh my! Hmmm...I can often be caught listening to The Imagination Movers (a kid's music group/show) in my minivan, cranked up loud, singing my heart out...and my kids aren't even in the car with me! (I should hang my head in shame at that!)

What is something you would love to learn how to do? Sew my own clothes. It scares the begeezes out of me. I don't know why.

Favorite color? Robin's Egg Blue. And yet, I don't think I have that color anywhere in my house. Weird.

What is one thing you love about Oklahoma? That it's not as humid as South East Texas! :)

Check out Amanda at the following places:

Blog: www.thecozypumpkin.com
Shop: thecozypumpkin.etsy.com
E-mail: thecozypumpkin@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cozy-Pumpkin/198905650140667

No comments: